Thursday 24 March 2011

DAY16. Thursday 24th March 2011 sunny with cold wind








Wow hasn't it been a lovely few days; clear sky's and a warm sun. today would have been just as nice except for that niggling wind reminding one that it is not quite as warm as we all would like. I went to the garden to see what the birds were up to as its been quite a while since I have spent a good amount of time watching them. I was in the hide for couple of hours and there were hardly any visitors to the feeders. This could be due to the fact that there is a lot more food around and therefore the birds do not have the same need to visit the feeders as they did. I did however finally work out where it is that the Blue Tits are nesting in the wall. They are still being very cautious about revealing its whereabouts and as soon as I bought out a 600mm lens to photograph them going in and out from a shrub they spotted me watching and just hung around in the tree not going in. There clever, I have to pretend not to be watching them for them to go in. they are quite happy for me to be photographing the Primroses that are closer to the nest site than where I set up the 600mm. Out of the corner of my eye I can see them going in and out. As soon as I train the lens on them they stop and just sit there.

The Magnolia tree flower that I have been observing is coming into full bloom and the first perfect green leaves are starting to come through. The Primroses are looking pretty good too with a healthy bunch of flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment