Wednesday 2 March 2011

DAY 10. Weather: warm when in the sun and sunny

Time has gone so fast. It feels like only yesterday that I was last in the walled garden. Unfortunately I have not been able to access the garden due to work going on outside. It defiantly feels like spring now the sun has that warmth to it and it appears that all the plants and animals can feel it too. Today the bees were buzzing around the garden. I even saw a bumble bee and a wasp but unfortunately was unable to get a photograph of either. The magnolia trees around the pond are starting to bloom, the daffodils are in full bloom along with the forsythia giving the garden a splash of yellow. The snowdrop flowers are now on there way out the flowers turning brown and falling off.

Because I have not been able to get into the garden I have not been able le to fill the feeders. They were all empty today except for the Niger seed. I refilled them all and even as I was filling them the birds started to arrive. The Blue Tits that I have been suspecting nesting in the wall behind the hide are still hanging out there a lot and showing some aggression toward other birds that come too close. I shall keep watching to see if I can find the hole that they are using. I also noted that there was another pair of Blue Tits hanging around the nest boxes again. The Great Tits were acting very strange today. They appeared to be chasing one another around a tree. I am unsure as to why this is but my theory is that it is some sort of courting behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment